Mr. Murphy is retired from Murphy and Spagnuolo. Mr. Murphy practiced business law with an emphasis on the areas of tax (civil and criminal), business crime, military law, white-collar crime, product liability defense, corporations, commercial law and transactions. He earned his undergraduate degree and M.B.A. from the University of Michigan and his LL. B. from the University of Wisconsin.
Mr. Murphy was affiliated with the Department of Justice in Washington D.C. for five years and served as senior counsel with Deere & Company (John Deere) for more than seven years. Mr. Murphy has been a board member and officer of two publicly-held corporations on the East Coast, one involving computers and the other a conglomerate engaged in insurance, leasing and housing. He was also general counsel for these two concerns. He is a member of both the Michigan Bar Association and Wisconsin Bar Association.
- Born in New York, NY
- LL. B.: University of Wisconsin Law School
- M.B.A.: University of Michigan
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan
- Member of the State Bars of Michigan and Wisconsin
- Also Admitted: U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Tax Court, Various Military Courts
- Trial Attorney, Tax Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Senior Counsel for Deere & Company (John Deere)
- Board member and officer of two publicly-held corporations on the East Coast
- Tax Attorney, R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
- Captain, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve